If we've learned anything from Tour Essentials, it's that touring may just be impossible without earplugs and a suitcase full of vitamins. But, more than that, we've learned that rituals are not easily broken.
On this edition of Tour Essentials, we talked with everyone from They Might Be Giants' John Flansburgh who told us, "I like to pretend I'm traveling in France on tour, so I always bring French things--soap, hair care products--whatever is possible," to Andrew McFarland of Reptar and Semicircle, whose tour (un)essential includes dignity.
Yep, what happens on the road, stays on the road. Take a look at what 10 more of your favorite bands won't leave behind below.
1. Second Growth Bordeaux I enjoy a second growth Bordeaux. Such a value in French wine!
2. Maison Adam Macarons (that's the way they spell it) from Saint-Jean-de-Luz Fortifying.
3. Clairefontaine Notebooks I know I will want to keep a tour diary, and these Clairefontaine notebooks have been left blank to save room for my every thought.
4. Vic Firth Noise Canceling Headphones Although they are made in Boston, Ma., Vic Firth's noise canceling headphones are a must when you want to be thinking of Paris but the dressing room is a paper thin wall away from the drum riser. Better than earplugs, and with the added benefit of letting you listen to your own music in near silence off a mini jack.
5. Chanson Music It's totally French and most sophisticated. Along with Yé-Yé Girls thrown in, I'm all set.